As a Data Scientist, you’ll be working on one of the world’s largest and most unique databases of natural responses to video stimuli. Your role will be to help develop new models and metrics that relate video content, human responses and various performance indicators. You will have the opportunity to develop machine learning pipelines, build models and inform decision-making using statistics and analytics. You will work both within a Data Science chapter (long-term R&D), as well as embedded within a cross-functional product squad to support the development of future and present capabilities of a cutting-edge B2B product that received multiple innovation awards in 2020 and 2021.
As a Data Scientist, your responsibilities will be:
- Explore: flesh out new features by proposing candidate solutions to customer problems, defining hypotheses and testing them with data (A/B tests, secondary analysis of existing data, predictive modelling). This work will be within a cross-functional squad comprising of a product manager, engineers, UX/web-dev developers working in an Agile framework.
- Discover: work iteratively on a machine learning pipeline built to relate characteristics of content (video, audio, text, etc.), audiences (demographics), context (device, time of day etc.) with viewer responses (attention and emotions). This work will be within the data science chapter and will be in collaboration with other data scientists. There are also other similar opportunities within the team that may be worked on individually.
- Expand: contribute to the implementation of data features in our ‘Feature Computation Platform’, a distributed cloud system that handles the computation of metrics and norms.
- Communicate Results: present and communicate your findings to colleagues, other teams, C-level executives and strategic partners or customers.
To be successful in this role, you need to have:
- 2-3 years of professional experience as a Data Scientist or Analyst. You’ll need to have solid background in Statistics (estimation, confidence intervals, hypothesis tests, Experimental Design) & Computer Sciences (algorithmic, programming)
- Hands-on predictive modelling experience (in particular supervised learning and statistical inference)
- A team-mindset. We do constant peer reviews of our code, help one another to cover our features with unit tests, challenge our ideas, propose solutions to help our colleagues
- An appetite to build. Our data science function is dedicated to building awesome products more than it is to producing academic papers or patents (though these happen from time to time)
- University degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, Biostatistics, or Econometrics
We'd love to meet you if you are:
- Naturally curious, are able to handle ambiguity and put structure to your work.
- Customer-oriented: you strive to understand the needs of our customers and business to translate these into innovative ideas with realistic deadlines, practical solutions and ability to deliver results from early concepts to production. You are driven by the needs of our customers; scientific and technological innovations are your means.
- Skilled communicator: can distil your data analysis and complex ideas to make them universally understandable to any audience. You pay attention to detail and are willing to explain the obvious.
- Fluent in both written and spoken English.
If you also have these, even better (but they’re not required):
- Familiarity with app frameworks like streamlit (ideal) or flask/django
- Familiarity with the AWS environment
- Experience with experiment managers such as mlflow, neptune.ai or h2oflow
- A PhD in Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, or Econometrics or any related field
What We Offer:
- Exciting work with some of the leading experts in the field of facial expression analysis around the world
- Feel how your everyday work greatly impacts company inside and our international clients around the world
- Work with one of the world's largest human behavior datasets
- Great working environment and state of the art work tools
- Career and skill growth supported by budget for professional development including the opportunity to visit best technical conferences as a presenter or listener (e.g. Spark Summit, CeBIT, Google TensorFlow Dev Summit, Crunch Conference)
- Fun international team with lots of varying interests and activities that we often join to do together
- Unlimited vacation days and 100% paid sick leave
- Flexible working hours and remote working