Your responsibility as a Data Privacy Officer will be to ensure that Realeyes processes the personal data of its staff, customers, providers or any other individuals in compliance with the applicable data protection rules. This newly established role will provide legal guidance, strategic insights and practical experience to support Realeyes’ compliance with global privacy and data protection laws and regulations such as GDPR, CCPA and other data privacy and data protection regulations. While based in Budapest, you will need to support our entities with data privacy related projects in the US, UK and Japan as well. You will be a trusted resource to the business and report to Executive Leadership.
- Refine, improve and manage the company's privacy program, including privacy policies, internal privacy protocols, GDPR and CCPA compliance plans, a privacy review process, and privacy training (internal and external).
- Keep current on existing and proposed privacy legislation and communicate implications for the company and lead the company's strategic response and activities to adapt to privacy legislation.
- Manage privacy compliance strategy, including the mapping of data in company systems, conducting privacy impact assessments, developing plans to meet legal requirements in coordination with the product, technology, and sales teams, and advising employees on privacy inquiries under various global data protection laws.
- Support business development and sales teams by meeting with customers to address privacy questions.
- Managing and conducting ongoing reviews of Realeyes’ privacy governance framework & policies.
- Ensuring training and awareness is available and delivered to all members of staff involved in processing operations relating to personal data
- Oversee and manage relationships with outside counsel.
- Review, draft and negotiate complex contracts or other legal documentation with customers, suppliers, and others who desire to contract with the Company.
- Providing cross-border legal advice to the business on a variety of commercial, corporate, employment and regulatory issues and guaranteeing a proactive approach in the protection of the company, its assets, its reputation and its employees
- 5+ years experience within a compliance, legal, audit and/or risk function, with recent experience in privacy compliance for a SaaS / software product company.
- Strong knowledge regarding global privacy and data security requirements, particularly CCPA, GDPR, Privacy Shield, and EU Standard Contractual Clauses
- Good understanding of other major privacy frameworks and evolving legislation, security laws, rules and regulations worldwide, as well as industry leading-practices and standards
- Experience developing policy and compliance training
- Familiarity with computer security systems
- Ability to handle confidential information
- Ethical, with the ability to remain impartial and report all noncompliances
- Organizational skills with attention to detail
What we offer
- Competitive salary
- A chance to work with colleagues from the United States through Europe to Japan.
- Opportunity to work in a young but well-established international company where what you do has a direct and immediate impact
- Life insurance and 100% paid sick leave
- Working from home option
- Budget for professional development
- Strong benefits package including subsidized gym membership/healthy living allowance, frequent online and offline team-building and social events, flexible hours, and unlimited holidays